If you are interested in learning more about Richard’s case, then pull down the tab above labelled “Who is Richard Wanke” and click on the “Greg Clark Murder” tab beneath it to read more about Richard’s murder case and predicament. The page is updated as the case progresses with court filings, transcripts, and explanations of events as they unfold. Please feel free to add your comments as you read. If you wish to help out, please attend the court dates as they are announced. If you are media, we hope your coverage will be balanced in it’s approach. If you are an interested defense attorney and will consider either pro bono assistance or court appointment, please call (815) 980 – 6582, anytime to prevent further injustice. Anyone is also welcome to contact us via email@example.com and we also welcome Facebook readers of richardwanke and injustice everywhere to this site.
Lindmark Foundation to Help Rockford Officers and First Responders Deal with Traumatic Stress – Story | MYSTATELINEPosted: July 24, 2015 by scaryhouse in Uncategorized
By Mimi Murphy | firstname.lastname@example.org
Published 07/23 2015 09:27AMUpdated 07/23 2015 03:32PM
A local foundation has been established to help first responders dealing with the extreme stress that comes with the job. It was formed after a well known, well respected leader in law enforcement, Greg Lindmark, died earlier this year, his family became determined to turn his tragic death into a way to help others — something he would have wanted.
That’s because the stresses police, firefighters and other first responders face on the job can take a terrible toll, in too many cases, sometimes resulting in suicide.
On February 9th, retired Rockford Deputy Chief Greg Lindmark died of a self inflicted gunshot wound at the age of 53. He was a well respected 26 year veteran of the Rockford Police force.
By Susan Vela
Rockford Register Star
Posted Jul. 18, 2015 at 5:48 PM
Updated Jul 18, 2015 at 5:49 PM
ROCKFORD — Jury trials in the Rock River Valley have become more costly for counties.
Effective June 1, state law required that jurors be paid $25 for the first day of duty and $50 a day for each day thereafter. Previously, jurors got $13 a day.
As a result, the cost for a two-day trial with a 12-member jury, plus two alternate jurors, has jumped from $364 to $1,050.
County officials say it’s an additional unfunded state mandate that makes budgeting perilous.
“What are they, $6 billion upside their current budget?” Winnebago County Board Chairman Scott Christiansen said, referring to a state budget deficit recently projected to be nearly $4 billion. “They’re worried about what we pay jurors. How absurd. How utterly absurd. Even if that’s a priority, then fund it.”
In budget discussions this fall, Thomas Jakeway, Winnebago County’s trial court administrator, said he’ll ask for up to $300,000 to pay for increased jury costs.
For now, his annual budget is about $385,000. That covers juror fees, the county jury commission’s staff of two full-time and two part-time employees, three jury commissioners, mailing, copying and other office expenses.
“We’re bound by what the legislative body puts forth,” Jakeway said. “Certainly, the jurors are a critical function of what we as the courts need. They preserve every citizen’s right to a jury trial. Fair and reasonable compensation is important, but the balance here is county-funded.”
Jakeway also is trial court administrator for Boone County, where jurors had been receiving $12.50 a day. Because of the change, he’s expecting to request $127,000 in the next budget year to pay for jurors. That’s up from $45,000 in this year’s budget.
Boone County State’s Attorney Michelle Courier said she’s willing to start earlier in the day and stay later to keep jury-trial days to a minimum. Start and end times for trials are up to the judge.
“It’s going to be a strain on our local budget, which is already strained,” she said. “But ultimately, that is going to be up to the courts to decide.”
Stephenson County Circuit Court clerk Nate Luy began tracking the increased costs when the state mandate took effect. In June, the county paid $12,050 to jurors, compared with $3,300 in June 2014, when the cost was $10 a day plus mileage.
He’s still not sure how that will affect his budget requests for next year.
By JOHN O’CONNOR – The Associated Press
SPRINGFIELD – Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner’s state corrections director, who took over a crowded prison system just two months ago, has resigned, officials confirmed Friday
.The governor’s office gave no reason for the premature departure of Donald Stolworthy, named to the $150,228-a-year job on March 9.
“At our request, he has agreed to help during the transition period to continue our transformation of the Department of Corrections while we identify the leader that will succeed him,” Rauner spokeswoman Catherine Kelly said in a statement.
Corrections Department spokeswoman Nicole Wilson said Stolworthy was “not available” for an interview Friday. She referred questions to Kelly.
The 54-year-old Stolworthy, put in charge of penitentiaries designed for 32,000 prisoners but which hold 48,000, had come from the U.S. State Department’s Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs, where he assessed foreign prison systems and guided senior administration officials.
Stolworthy raised some eyebrows early on with a memo that said sick-time and overtime rules governing union employees were leading to unreasonable costs. The Springfield Bureau of Lee Enterprises newspapers reported in April that Stolworthy said contracts with bargaining units — such as the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees — contribute to “many of the ills” in the agency.
With a budget of over $1 billion, the agency beset by legal actions over health care and mental health treatment and continued criticism of inmates conditions must deal with the same bleak financial picture that all state government faces.
Rauner and the General Assembly are entering the final week of the spring legislative session without agreement on a budget plan that faces a possible $6 billion deficit.
Dear Director Stolworthy,
For nearly a year I have attempted to recover my trust funds, my personal and legal property from Statesville Prison. I paroled on May 7, 2014, but before that, I was writed to Winnebago County on a new charge; on April 25, 2014.
Therefore all of my money and property are still being held there, and IDOC has been deliberately indifferent to my numerous letters, requests and grievances for their return. Enclosed are letter to IDOC Director Godinez, the warden of Statesville and others who have hailed to investigate or respond to my claims. Their indifference and unnecessary infliction of legal injury, plus, their reckless disregard for my property and constitutional rights have caused great damage. The intentional delay of access to my own funds and legal properties have caused me to miss court deadlines, have court matters dismissed and cost me increased fees to repeatedly file and refile court documents, request documents and seek copies.
I am calling you to safeguard my legal and personal property in your duties as the newly appointed Director of Illinois’ Department of Corrections.
I appeal to your authority as Governor Rauner’s appointed director of IDOC to expedite the return, without further delay; of my monies held in trust; my personal property; and all legal property, including books, journals, letters, memos, grievances, requests, notes, research, court filings, briefs and other legal materials being held in the property department of Statesville Prison.
Additionally, I have numerous pending grievances which have not been processed or returned to me, and upon my transfer not forwarded; the same with my mail.
Please, have your office do their best to locate these past filings, answer them, return them to my property, my money and my legal matters in a timely fashion. My attorneys, powers-of-attorneys and other representatives have gotten nowhere with their phone calls and written requests, (see enclosed letter) and I have received no answers from my own letters.
I again authorize Statesville/IDOC to transfer my trust fund balance, my property both legal and personal to Diane Chavez immediately and without further delay upon presentation of a copy of this and other letters.
Richard Wanke #20605
Winnebago County Jail
650 W. State St.
Rockford, IL 61102
Gov. Bruce Rauner is expected on Monday to name a U.S. State Department official to run the Illinois Department of Corrections, the governor’s office told The Southern Illinoisan on Sunday.
Rauner has selected Donald Stolworthy, 54, of Arlington, Virginia, to oversee thousands of correctional officers and other employees in the $1 billion-plus agency that includes 60 prisons, transition centers, work camps and other facilities across Illinois.
State prisons are one of the largest employers in Southern Illinois, and workers, union leaders and others have anxiously awaited Rauner’s appointment of a new IDOC director.
3rd man claims wrongful conviction in killing of Rockford boy DeMarcus Hanson – News – Rockford Register Star – Rockford, ILPosted: March 20, 2015 by cworboy1493 in Uncategorized
For the First Time Ever, a Prosecutor Will Go to Jail for Wrongfully Convicting an Innocent Man | Mark GodseyPosted: March 19, 2015 by cworboy1493 in Uncategorized
It’s Sunshine Week’s 10th anniversary
I have filed 2 FIOA requests with the city of Rockford for information on when I was questioned regarding Richard’s Case.
one time the sent me a letter that they had no recordings of my questionings.
the other was never answered.
Tags: Attorney Stephen Richards, Diane Chavez
It is not easy to win a criminal acquittal; not by jury and not through a bench trial. It has been six agonizing years for Diane Chavez, as a criminal defendant. Today, she was exonerated:
Diane Chavez was acquitted today following a stipulated bench trial.
Diane was arrested on February 6, 2008, in connection with the Greg Clark murder investigation; the same day that Richard Wanke’s bond was revoked and he was picked up and also jailed.
Diane was charged in 2008 with 2 counts of “Obstruction of Justice” for allegedly lying to the police when she said that Richard Wanke did not live with her in her apartment at 1113 Grant Ave, but that he was the tenant of the duplex she owned and lived in the apt below her at 1111 Grant Ave.
The police wanted to search Diane’s duplex on February 6, 2008, and she refused to allow the search without proper warrants. The Rockford Police and the State used their assertion that she lied with respect to where Wanke lived as constituting some type of obstruction of the police murder investigation.
Wanke’s address in February 2008 was really immaterial. The police obtained search warrants without clay or trouble; searched both Grant Ave apartments and found nothing that incriminated anyone in the Clark murder. It is apparent that when the police first arrived at the duplex they intended to search both of it’s apartments at the outset. They testified at trial that they knocked on the downstairs door of 1111 Grant Ave first, and then went to 1113 Grant Ave when no one responded. At 1113 Grant Ave, the police spoke to Diane Chavez who was home in her apartment.
Rauner’s facing major skepticism from State politicians, and just about everyone with any financial expertise on State finances over his optimism that the State can drag itself out of the financial mess it is in if only those responsible for making decisions hold firm and have the guts to cut enough in public and state services to cover the budget deficit which he claims will ultimately create the impetus for a state fiscal recovery.